Sunday, October 19, 2008

Attack of the Killer Bees



Our home teacher invited a few young families in the ward to come and watch him harvest his honey. What we didn't expect was a scene from a horror show. When he opened the hive the bees got a little upset. It would have been fine but the kids had just picked and started eating some juicy apples from the nearby tree. The aggitated bees started flying everywhere. Mothers and children were screaming. For some crazy reason I kept getting them stuck in my hair. After three bee stings to my head, one on Jared's face, and one unscathed boy we made it into the house. The rest of the harvesting went well (because we did it in the garage). Overall, the image of a primary class activity gone wrong has kept us laughing ever since.


4 comments:

Brimaca said...

Oh I bet he felt horrible. Glad there wasn't more damage but I would have been scared to death. I am very scared of bees!

The Cartwright Family! said...

yes what a funny day! we will be re-telling that one for years to come~

Sarah said...

Ok, that is hysterical. It reminds me of when my dad used to harvest his honey. Although he was the only one outside and he was in a special bee suit. Sorry about the stings to the head!

alpinekleins said...

I think this would have been funny any time of day, but at 2:00 am when I'm at work - it was hysterical!